What does code 0xC000021A mean?
The 0xC000021A error is a Blue Screen of Death or BSoD error (related: Blue Screen of Death guide) that occurs when a Windows user-mode subsystem is compromised.
Is the Blue Screen of Death fixable?
The BSoD is typically a result of improperly installed software, hardware, or settings, meaning that it is usually fixable.
How do I fix Windows 8 ran into a problem and needs to restart?
Method 1: Perform an Automatic Repair of Windows 8 using the installation media. a) Contact the computer manufacturer to change the boot order of the computer. You will have to change the boot device to CD/DVD drive and then boot from the Windows 8 installation disc.
How do I fix blue screen on Windows 8?
In Windows 8, most Blue Screen of Death errors can be fixed by using System Restore (if enabled and a restore point is available) or by removing the recently installed software or driver that caused the error and rebooting Windows 8.
How do I fix windows stop code 0xc000021a?
Fix Windows 10 Stop code error 0xc000021a
- You have to restart the computer by holding the SHIFT key on the keyboard to bring the computer in Advanced Boot Options.
- Now select Troubleshoot option on the computer screen.
- On the Troubleshoot > Reset this PC (Select).
- Go to Reset this PC> Keep my files (Select that)
Can RAM cause blue screen?
A bad memory module (RAM) can cause unpredictable behavior in a Windows system, including the dreaded blue screen of death. If you suspect that your RAM may be faulty, you can run a memory test to confirm that you have a bad memory module.
Can bad motherboard cause blue screen?
In short, yes, the motherboard can cause a blue screen, but it is not that common. It can also be caused by faulty software, such as your drivers or your operating system, as well as other hardware components like your CPU, GPU, and RAM.
How do I fix Windows 8.1 ran into a problem?
Step 1. Start Windows 8 in safe mode
- Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
- Type “msconfig” and press Enter to open System Configuration settings.
- At Boot tab select (Check) the Safe boot option and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
How do I fix a repeated blue screen?
11 Tips to Help You Fix the Windows 10 Blue Screen Error
- Note Your Windows Blue Screen Stop Code.
- Try Specific Troubleshooting for Your Blue Screen Error Code.
- Review Recent Computer Changes.
- Check for Windows and Driver Updates.
- Run a System Restore.
- Scan for Malware.
- Test Your Computer Hardware.
- Run an SFC Scan.
How do I fix the blue screen of death?
Blue screen, AKA Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) and Stop Error
- Restart or Power cycle your computer.
- Scan your computer for Malware and Viruses.
- Run Microsoft Fix IT.
- Check that the RAM is properly connected to the motherboard.
- Faulty Hard drive.
- Check if a newly installed Device causing Blue Screen of Death.
How to fix error 0xc190020e on Windows 10?
Scroll down to Storage Sense below Storage.
What is Windows 10 upgrade error 0xc1900201?
Enlarge System Reserved Partition. When you expand the System reserved partition,there are equal chances for it to work…
What is windows-10 error code 0xc1900201?
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0xc1900201? Method 1: Running the Windows Update troubleshooter. In some cases, the 0xc1900201 error will occur due to a bad Windows update stuck in a limbo state or due to a Method 2: Resetting all WU components. Method 3: Completing the migration of your OS from HDD to SSD. Method 4: Running DISM and SFC scans. Method 5: Performing a repair/clean install.
How do you fix a blue screen error?
Common fixes. In Windows 8, most Blue Screen of Death errors can be fixed by using System Restore (if enabled and a restore point is available) or by removing the recently installed software or driver that caused the error and rebooting Windows 8.
How do I start Windows automatic repair?
Automatic Startup Repair in Windows 11/10
- Open Windows 11 Settings.
- Click open System settings.
- Scroll down till you see Recovery on the right side, and then click on it.
- In the next screen, under Recovery options, you will see Advanced startup.
- Click on the Restart now button to initiate the process.
Common fixes In Windows 8, most Blue Screen of Death errors can be fixed by using System Restore (if enabled and a restore point is available) or by removing the recently installed software or driver that caused the error and rebooting Windows 8.
How do I get to advanced startup options in Windows 8?
Method 1: SHIFT + Restart
- Hold down either SHIFT key while tapping or clicking on Restart, available from any Power icon. Tip: Power icons are available in Windows 8 from either the Settings charm or from the logon/lock screen.
- Wait while the Advanced Startup Options menu opens.
How do I boot to advanced startup?
If your Windows 10 PC can boot, you can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery, and click Restart now button under Advanced startup to access Advanced Startup Options window.
How to fix a Blue Screen of Death on a Windows PC
- Uninstall incompatible software.
- Run a memory checker.
- Check for hard drive errors.
- Remove non-essential peripherals.
- Replace defective or incompatible expansion cards.
- Run SetupDiag after a failed Windows update.
- Perform a clean install.